My Garden Journal
by Judith Irven
Welcome to my garden journal, with a potpourri of ideas and inspirations for gardeners everywhere.
I write about topics that interest me personally, both as a dirt-under-the-fingernails gardener and as a practicing landscape designer, including:
– The wider landscape as it inspires my designs,
– Profiles of plants that thrive in my Vermont garden,
– Techniques for growing food and cooking from the garden,
– The magic of the ever-changing seasons of our New England gardens,
– Inspirations gleaned from visiting great gardens, both public and private.
The light at the end of the tunnel
No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn. Hal Borland
A Garden for all Seasons
A gardener’s dream–to have a garden that is beautiful in every month of the year
Native Plants for our Gardens:
Two magnificent new books describe the best native plants for use in the garden and how to grow them
A Sense of Place and a Sense of Time
Creating a North Country Garden that belongs in its world
Growing healthy futures
A delightful morning in the greenhouse at Middlebury’s Parent Child Center
Art in the Garden
Magical glass sculptures by renowned artist, Dale Chihuly, light up the Denver Botanic Gardens in autumn.