My Garden Journal
by Judith Irven
Welcome to my garden journal, with a potpourri of ideas and inspirations for gardeners everywhere.
I write about topics that interest me personally, both as a dirt-under-the-fingernails gardener and as a practicing landscape designer, including:
– The wider landscape as it inspires my designs,
– Profiles of plants that thrive in my Vermont garden,
– Techniques for growing food and cooking from the garden,
– The magic of the ever-changing seasons of our New England gardens,
– Inspirations gleaned from visiting great gardens, both public and private.
Welcoming winged visitors to our gardens
Welcoming the birds and the butterflies to our gardens
Beauty beneath the trees
Beautiful shady garden spaces bring tranquility and gentleness to the garden
Seduced by a Lady’s Slipper
Showy Lady’s Slippers are fascinating plants that, with careful siting, can be grown in our gardens.